The Wait is Over

It’s been a long few months since my last post and so much has happened!

First of all, Lollypop is here!

After a long and hard labor (much, much love to my husband who coached me through it) Lollypop was born on Saturday April 23rd.

He (yes, he!) was 9lbs 10oz, 20 1/4 inches long.


Those cheeks!

Jellybean thinks his little brother is nice. He’s so sweet to his little brother – giving him hugs and kisses all the time. Thankfully he pretty much tunes out most of the crying!

We’re all adjusting to our life as a family of four. It’s been tough – Lollypop has been colicky with reflux and an apparent dairy allergy so he had a hard time gaining weight in the beginning. That made things a little rough, but we’ve found a solution that’s been working and he’s getting positively chunky! He’s doing all the things a healthy 4-month old should do: rolling over, chewing on everything in sight, sitting up with support and growing his first tooth! I feel like it’s too early for the first tooth to be here, but there’s nothing I can do about it. Next thing you know, he’ll be walking out the door to go to college! It makes me a little sad because this is my last first tooth bringing an end to my last toothless smile. (I get a little sappy about that sort of thing.)

We’ve found a rhythm to life, and I’m even starting to find time to knit a row or two occasionally. I’ve finished a Citron shawl which was easy, but just lovely. I’m working on winter sweaters for my boys and a new Christmas stocking for Lollypop! I’ve gotten a head start on my Christmas gift knitting, too!

Lollypop's Winter Sweater.

Lollypop’s Winter Sweater in progress.


The beginning of Lollypop's Christmas Stocking.

The beginning of Lollypop’s Christmas Stocking.

We’ve had lots of big changes these last few months, including me going back to work full time. It’s been exciting and worrysome at the same time. I’m thrilled for the opportunity to get right back into my field of Information Security and I pretty much picked up where I left off after Jellybean was born. I’m doing IT and Information Security audit this time around, rather than being on the implementation side. It means a bit of travel, especially in the fall, but mostly I’ll be working from home.

Jellybean and Lollypop are in full time daycare. I was feeling worried and guilty for sending them off to someone else 5 days a week, but it’s working out pretty well. We’ve found a great preschool and Jellybean has made lots of fast friends there. He looks forward to going every day and that makes me happy. He’s such an outgoing kiddo and needs the time to interact with his peers. He’s learning lots of new things, too. He comes home singing a new song  just about every day and he can recite the Pledge of Allegiance (which is TOTES ADORBS coming from a three year old!)

I was really worried about leaving Lollypop, with him being so young and having so many issues, but it turns out that he’s a hardy kiddo and the girls at the preschool just love on him so much. It’s a great feeling to know your kids are in safe, loving hands every day.

I’m on my first overnight trip for my job this week. I am excited about it, but I’m nervous and sad, too. I’ve only been away from my husband a handful of nights since we married and I’ve only been away from Jellybean three nights (including when Lollypop was born). I’m glad we moved to be closer to family, so my husband will have some help nearby if he needs it. I know it’ll be OK, but until I’m back home, I’ll be a little worried and nervous.

Speaking of my first business trip, I definitely over packed the knitting. I brought Lollypop’s stocking to knit on the plane and I brought two other projects to work on in the evening. Because, you know, I might get bored. I haven’t flown in more than 6 years and the rules have changed a bit since then, so I had to plan what I can knit on the plane and put the rest in my checked bag. I have a bag of knitting accessories, which holds my scissors, stitch markers, ruler, needle point protectors, etc. I won’t need all of that for this trip, so I pared that down to just the essentials in case it got taken away at security. There were no issues, though, and I got to spend the flight knitting away on the stocking.

Just the essentials.

Just the essentials.

I have managed to get a bit done on the stocking today, with the flying and driving. There will be more driving and flying before the trip is over and I should be able to get a significant chunk finished.

Great progress!

Great progress!

And with that, I will finish this rambling post and try to relax before another busy day tomorrow. Have a great week, friends!


Filed under Knitting

4 Responses to The Wait is Over

  1. What a wonderful post. I know you miss Doug and the kids but you seem to be in your element and happy for it. All your boys will be fine and think how happy they will be when you come home. The stocking is looking great.


  2. Keisha

    Love it! Glad you’re posting again. Loving that little stocking too! I’m so excited for you at the new job dear, relax, have a little fun! Dad’s got it under control and I’m sure Jellybean will be a big helper.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.